IAF contingent leaves for Israel to Participate in ‘Ex Blue Flag-17’
A 45 member contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Israel today to participate in exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’.
About Blue Flag-17 :-
- Blue Flag is a bi-annual multilateral exercise which aims to strengthen military cooperation amongst participating nations.
- The exercise would provide a platform for sharing of knowledge, combat experience and in improving operational capability of the participating nations.
- The exercise is being conducted at Uvda Air Force Base in Israel
PM Flags off Run For Unity Marathon :-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday flagged off the “Run for Unity” to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Delhi, Observed as Ekta Diwas.
- ‘Run for Unity’ being organised in various parts of the country to commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of the freedom fighter and former home minister of India.
Karnataka set to get First Women State Police Chief :-
Karnataka is all set to get its first woman police chief in Neelamani N Raju.
About NeelaMani N Raju :-
- A 1983 batch IPS officer, will replace incumbent Director General and Inspector General of Police Rupak Kumar Dutta.
- Neelamani N Raju hails from Roorkee in Uttarakhand.
India Rank rises to 100 In World Bank Doing Business Report 2018 –
- The World Bank, today released the Doing Business (DB) Report, 2018 in which India Ranks on 100 among 190 Countries.
- India has leapt 30 over its 130 rank in the Doing Business Report 2017.
- India has improved its rank in 6 out of 10 indicators and has moved closer to international best practices (Distance to Frontier score).
- India is the only country in South Asia and BRICS economies to feature among most improved economies of the DB Report this year.
About Doing Business Report :-
- Published by :- World Bank
- Since 2003
European Development Bank to Sign Solar Pact with ISA :-
The president of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will clinch a pact with the International Solar Alliance (ISA) for cooperation on renewable energy projects around the world in India.
About EBRD (European Bank For Reconstruction & Development) :-
- It is an International financial institution founded in 1991
- The EBRD mandates to work only in countries that are “committed to democratic principles”.
- Current President is Suma Chakrabarti.
About ISA (International Solar Alliance) :-
- Founded by Narendra Modi
- It is an alliance of more than 121 countries which comes either partly or completely between Tropic of Cancer & Tropic of Capricorn.
- Primary objective is work for efficient exploitation of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
China Plans to build Gigantic DNA Database Platform :-
- China plans to build a USD 1 billion super-sized DNA sequencing platform in the Jiangsu Province.
- It aims at storing genetic information of millions of its ethnic Chinese population.
- The DNA project is part of the National Health & Medicine Big Data (Nanjing) Center.
- The programme will also focus on population genetics, newborns, childhood brain and cognitive development, cancer, and rare and chronic diseases.
22000 cr Navycopter project gets nod :-
- The Ministry of Defence approved acquisition of 111 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) in a ₹21,738-crore deal for the Indian Navy under the Strategic Partnership (SP) policy.
- It was approved by the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Minister of Defence Nirmala Sitharaman.
- 16 choppers will be bought in fly-away condition, the remaining 95 choppers will be manufactured at a later stage in India under a joint venture by a private sector Indian defence firm in collaboration with a foreign helicopter maker.
Heena Sidhu Won Gold at Commonwealth Shooting Championship
- Heena Sidhu clinched the 10m air pistol gold medal to give India a perfect start at the Commonwealth Shooting Championships.
- This was Sidhu’s second successive international gold after she, along with Jitu Rai, claimed the top position in the 10m air pistol mixed team event in the ISSF World Cup Finals
South Africa Recommended as 2023 Rugby World Cup :-
- The 2023 Rugby World Cup is set to be held in South Africa.
- Japan will host the next tournament in 2019, the first in Asia.
- A minimum of 20 votes will be needed to secure the hosting rights.