GOI & World Bank Sign $200 Million Loan Agreement :-
The Government of India and the World Bank today signed a $200 million Loan Agreement for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
About Project :-
- The Project will be implemented in over 16 Districts of Assam.
- Specific focus will be on women-led enterprises and their participation in the decision-making process of farmer producer organisations
- It will support the Government of Assam to facilitate agri-business investments.
- It will increase agriculture productivity and market access.
- It will enable small farm holders produce crops that are resilient to recurrent floods or droughts in the state.
MHA relaxes rules to boost investment & Employment in Arms manufacturing :-
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has liberalised the rules to boost ‘Make In India’ manufacturing policy & to promote employment in the filed of arms manufacturing.
Under New Rules :-
- The licence granted for manufacturing will be valid for the life-time of the licensee company.
- Condition that the small arms and light weapons produced by manufacturer shall be sold to the Central Government or the State Governments with the prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs has been done away with.
- Enhancement of capacity up to 15% of the quantity approved under licence will not require any further approval by the Government. The manufacturer will be required to give only prior intimation to the licensing authority in this regard.
- The licence fee has been reduced significantly. The licence fee will now range from Rs. 5,000/- to the maximum of Rs. 50,000/-.
- The fee for manufacturing licence shall be payable at the time of grant of license rather than at the time of application.
- Single manufacturing licence will be allowed for a multi-unit facility within the same State or in different States within the country.
Shri Giriraj launches MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME Samadhaan :-
Union Minister of State Shri Giriraj Singh launched MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME Samadhaan (http://msefc.msme.gov.in) on Monday.
About MSME Samadhaan :-
- It will empower micro and small entrepreneurs across the country to directly register their cases relating to delayed payments by Central Ministries/Departments/CPSEs/State Governments.
- The Portal will give information about the pending payment of MSEs with individual CPSEs / Central Ministries, State Governments, etc.
- The information on the portal will be available in public domain.
Six Agreements signed between Italy & India :-
During the visit of Prime Minister of Italy Paolo Gentlioni, after 2007 visit of Romano Prodi to India. Six Agreements/ MOU’s have been passed between Italy & India.
Six Agreements are :-
- Joint Declaration of Intent of Cooperation for Safety in the Railway sector between India and Italy.
- MoU on cooperation In the field of Energy between India and Italy.
- MoU on 70 years of diplomatic relations between Indian Council of Cultural Relations and Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation, Government of the Republic of Italy.
- Executive Protocol on Cultural Cooperation between India and Italy
- MoU for promoting mutual investments between Italian Trade Agency and Invest India
- MoU between the Training Unit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. Government of the Republic of Italy and the Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of the Republic of India
China plans 1000 km tunnel to take Brahmputra Water :-
China plans 1000 km tunnel to take Brahmputra Water to Xinjiang in Southern Tibet close to the Indian border.
About Brahmputra & Project :-
- Brahmputra is known as Yarlung Tsangpo in China.
- The project would divert water from the Yarlung Tsangpo River in southern Tibet to the Taklamakan desert in Xinjiang.
- Brahmaputra is likely to upset both New Delhi and Dhaka, as the river is a major water resource for both northeastern India and Bangladesh.
Concentration of CO2 hits high in atmosphere : UN
- The concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere has hit a new high, the UN said on Monday according to World Meteorological Organization report.
- Globally averaged concentrations of CO2 reached 403.3 parts per million in 2016, up from 400.00 ppm in 2015 because of a combination of human activities and a strong El Nino event.
- What we need is global political will to reverse the scenario.
About World Meteorological Organization :-
- Founded – 1950
- Specialised agency of the United Nations for meteorology (weather and climate), operational hydrology and related geophysical sciences.
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Head – Petteri Taalas (Secretary-General)
David Grimes (President)
SK Sinha appointed as Secretary in Cabinet Secretariat :-
- Senior police officer SK Sinha was appointed the secretary (security) in the Cabinet Secretariat on Monday.
- The secretary (security) is the administrative head of the Special Protection Group (SPG) and is responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, former prime ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.