Digital India Programme was launched in August 2014. Since then we have seen a rapid progress in Digital India Programme and it was further enhanced when Demonetisation took place.
As we can see Digital India is a remarkable step towards modernisation or computerisation of Education sector & Banking/Payment Sector :-
Banking/Payment Sector :-
- Every Bank is providing their users their mobile apps for transaction.
- We have RuPay Credit Cards.
- BHIM app a unified payment interface for transactions.
- Private companies providing E-wallets.
which make easy for users to make Payments or transactions.
Education Sector :-
- Lots of courses are available online for free.
- It has become easily accessible due to improvement in speed and connectivity.
- Empowering people to pursue their educational interests.
HRD ministry launched a ‘SWAYAM’ platform which enable people to go and watch online videos, read study materials & go for degrees even.
Govt View :-
- Improvement in delivery & governance.
- Massive reduction of leaking of funds because of digitalisation of payments & distribution of subsidies.
- Linkage of schemes with Aadhaar card is enhancing digitisation of society.
- Brings transparency with digitisation.
Govt Agenda & Benefits :-
– Being one of the largest markets of mobile phones Govt has achieved well in the manufacturing sector too because 105 companies are making mobile phones & components in India which certainly bring job generation in this sector.
– As Govt. is looking to connect all the 2.5 lakh panchayats & villages by 2019 with fibre optic cable as it will certainly bring a technology to promote their products online through e-commerce facilities.
- Digital security is one of the major challenge because people have been fallen for online scams & frauds which people generally do not know how to tackle it & even data gets stolen. For exp :- Russia interference in America Presidential Elections.
- Digital literacy is going to be another challenge since there is a huge population & most of them are using these kinds of technologies for the first time in their life.
What Govt needs to do for success of Digital India Programme ?
- Govt needs to ensure people that when they do transactions under Digital India platforms it is safe, secure & give benefits to them.
- Digital literacy is equally important & needs to work more upon programmes like DISHA which makes one person in every family digitally literate.