Daily GK affairs believes that we must provide our users which is particularly important from exam point of view. We dont put ourselves in unwanted knowledge which will waste our users time and energy.. So we urge you to share this knowledge with others and keep connected as a family & we also welcome your comments and suggestions.. Enjoy the current affairs..
Narendra Modi & Hasina Sheikh to launch Indo-Bangla Train :-
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina will flag off a new Indo-Bangla train next week, strengthening bilateral ties and communication.
About Indo-Bangla Train :-
- The commercial service between Kolkata and Khulna, the third-largest city of Bangladesh.
- The second passenger service — after Kolkata-Dhaka Maitri Express.
India, Kazakhstan armies begin joint military exercise in Himachal Pradesh :-
Indian and Kazakhstan armies began joint exercise ‘Prabal Dostyk’ in Himachal Pradesh to strengthen bilateral relations and exchange skills and experience.
What is Prabal Dostyk ?
- Name given to military exercise between India & Kazakhstan
- First Edition was held in 2016
Joint Military Exercise Aims to :-
- Enhancing the military ties between both the countries.
- Acquaint both forces with each other’s operating procedures in the backdrop of counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations under the UN mandate
- Achieve synergy for joint conduct of operation as and when the requirement arises.
India Slips 21 slots on WEF Gender Gap Index :-
- India slipped 21 places on the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap index to a lowly 108, behind neighbours China and Bangladesh, primarily due to less participation of women in the economy and low wages.
- India’s greatest challenges lie in the economic participation and opportunity pillar where the country is ranked 139 as well as health and survival pillar where the country is ranked 141.
About Gender Gap Index Report :-
- First Published in 2006 by World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Cover 144 major and emerging economies.
- It covers four key areas :-
– Economic participation and opportunity
– Educational attainment
– Political empowerment
– Health and survival
ONE LINE CURRENT AFFAIRS :-
- Madhya Pradesh government will introduce Public Safety Bill which will seek to award death penalty to those committing heinous crime against kids.
- In a significant move that will benefit over 64,000 personnel, the Army has said junior commissioned officers (JCOs) are gazetted officers, cancelling its earlier note that described them as “non-gazetted” officers in 2011 through RTI.
- Women employees can now lodge complaints of sexual harassment at work place online and can monitor action being taken on them too through “Sexual Harassment electronic-Box or SHe-Box — launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development”..
- Angela Merkel has topped the Forbes “100 Most Powerful Women list” for the 7 consecutive year and 12th time in total.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on Thursday signed a Joint Financial Partnership Declaration for the promotion of solar energy.