Country’s Longest bridge named after Hazarika :-
- The Country’s longest bridge gets its signboard named after Bhupen Hazarika in Assam
- 9.15 km longest bridge across the Brhamaputra will connect Dhola & Sadiya in upper Assam.
Army Launches Joint Node Training in Meghalaya :-
- Aiming to host foreign armies in joint exercises, the Indian Army today launched an independent and fully-integrated Joint Training Node (JTN) at Umroi cantonment, Meghalaya.
- The JTN is the first of its kind in eastern command and is different from other joint training centres in Belgaum, Varangte and Bakloh.
- The concept behind JTN is, the conducive weather terrain offering optimal training environment.
- JTN is made to host military exercises with India neighbouring countries like China, Bangladesh & Myanmar.
National Cycling Championship organised in Delhi for fuel conservation :-
- National Cycling Championship was today organised in New Delhi to promote fuel conservation.
- It was organised by the Petroleum Conservation Research Association.
Mohan Joshi honoured with Vishnudas bhave award :-
- Veteran Actor Mohan joshi was honoured with Vishnudas Bhave Award for his contribution to theatre.
- The award is conferred in a memory of Vishnudas Bhave, the founder of Marathi theatre.
India’s Women Hockey Team beat China in Asia Cup title :-
- India’s women hockey team beat China 5-4 via sudden death at Kakamigahara in Japan to lift Asia cup title.
- They also book their place in World Cup.
=> Anish Bhanwala & Neeraj Kumar win silver & bronze in the men 25 m rapid fire pistol event of Commonwealth Shooting Championships at Gold Coast in Australia.