Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu today launched a mobile application called ReUnite which helps to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India.
The Minister Suresh Prabhu said that this effort to reunite parents whose children have gone missing is a wonderful use of technology to address real life social challenges.
About ReUnite App :-
- The app is multi-user platform where parents and citizens can upload pictures of children, and provide detailed description like name, birth mark, address, report to the police station, search and identify missing kids.
- The photographs of missing children will exist in algorithmic equations only & will not be saved in the mobile phone’s physical memory.
- The app will use Amazon Web Services based on face recognition technology to match the photographs of missing children with a database to give result after face matching.
- The database for the app will be updated mostly by end users who will come out with details and image of missing children and upload it.
- The app is available for both Android and iOS.
About Bachpan Bachao Andolan, (BBA) :-
- It is India’s largest movement for the protection of children and works along with law enforcement agencies and policymakers.
- BBA has played a very important role in formulation of several laws for protection of child’s rights.
- It began from the Nithari case in 2006 which finally culminated with the Supreme Court passing the landmark judgement in 2013 ordering that FIR has to be lodged in all cases of missing children.
- Kailash Satyarthi is the founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolan