The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the continuance of the 8 existing schemes of the Ministry of Home Affairs up to March 2020 for relief and rehabilitation of migrants and repatriates under the Umbrella scheme “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates”
Benefits of the extension
- The schemes will provide relief and rehabilitation assistance to the refugees, displaced persons, civilian victims of terrorist/communal/LWE violence and cross-border firing and mine/IED blasts on Indian Territory
- It also includes riot victims of various incidents etc.
Details of these schemes:
The 8 schemes approved for continuance are already in operation, and the benefits under each will be extended to intended beneficiaries in accordance with the approved criterion. They benefit for:
- Settlement of displaced families from POK and Chhamb settled in J&K
- Rehabilitation Package and up-gradation of the infrastructure of the Bangladeshi Enclaves after transfer of enclaves between India and Bangladesh under Land Boundary Agreement.
- Relief assistance to Sri Lankan refugees staying in camps in Tamil Nadu and Odisha.
- Administrative and social welfare expenses of Tibetan settlements.
- Maintenance of Brus lodged in relief camps of Tripura.
- Rehabilitation of Bru/Reang families from Tripura to Mizoram.
- Civilian Victims/Family of Victims of Terrorist/Communal/LWE Violence and Cross-Border Firing and Mine/IED blasts on Indian Territory.
- Kins of the deceased person, who died during 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots.